Aspen Valley Marathon
Marathon 6:00 am
Half Marathon 7:30 am
5K 10:30 am
Top 5 reasons to run the Aspen Valley Marathon
- The Aspen Valley Marathon is a Boston Marathon Qualifier
- Fast! Times in the top 50 fastest marathons in North America.
- Downhill drops 1,418 ft in elevation from start to finish
- Breathtaking Aspen Valley scenery
- Off road, old railway route, next to river, 80% paved trail /20% hard-packed dirt.
The Aspen Valley Marathon is a beautiful and scenic run along the Rio Grande Trail. Throughout the marathon, the runners travel 1,418 ft downhill. All finishers receive a reward of food and beverages.
Top participant locations for 2021
2021 Aspen Valley Marathon Stats
- Average age of athlete 40
- Athletes ages ranged from 9 – 77
We hope that you are all very well and training for your next running event. Our 2015 Marathon featured strongly in Boston Qualifying with over 15% of our athletes making their Boston Times making Aspen Valley Marathon in the top 30 qualifying marathons for Boston out of over 270 marathons in North America.
The Aspen Valley Half-Marathon was started in 2010 by Katherine Adams Solon, who has been a long time resident of the valley and has been an avid runner for many years. Kat has partnered with Sean Solon who has experience organizing Ruggerfest, Shining Stars Foundation and World Cup for Challenge Aspen. Sean is also an athlete competing in long distance biking events internationally.
The events include a Full Marathon (a Boston qualifying event), Half Marathon and a 5K. These are beautiful and scenic runs along the historic Rio Grande Trail.